Have you ever thought about putting a bird feeder and/or bird bath in your yard?
If you haven’t, you should! I never had any interest in birds until my son surprised me one day by bringing home a bird feeder and a bird bath.
We started out with a sunflower seed mix, but we realized right away that there are certain bully birds who like those seeds, and they will try to hog the feeder and chase other birds away.
We changed to safflower seeds and niger thistle seeds which the larger, obnoxious birds don’t like, and our songbirds came back in huge numbers.
Our favorite birds are the mourning doves because they’re complete idiots. However, they are incredibly endearing and entertaining, and we have grown to really love them.
I can not tell you how many hours of enjoyment we have received from watching backyard birds. I highly recommend it!
Make a Difference With One Click!
For every unique click to the Scott Naturals 4 Week Test Drive site, the company is donating $1 to the National Wildlife Federation up to $25,000!
Click, click, click!
Between now and September 30th, you can also pledge to take a 4 Week Test Drive of Scott Naturals, the world’s first line of hybrid paper products, combining the green benefits of recycled material with the quality we all insist upon.
And….you can enter to win a Ford Fusion hybrid car!
Win It! One lucky reader will win a Scott Naturals Kit (bath tissue, paper towel, flushable moist wipes, napkins)
Mandatory Entry: Tell me what kind of birds are frequent visitors to your backyard. Do you have a favorite?
Optional Extra Entries (After you’ve done the mandatory entry, you may do as many of these extra entries as you would like, but leave a separate comment for each entry.)
- Click to donate. (Each unique click donates $1 to the National Wildlife Federation.)
- Like Scott Naturals on Facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me publicly on google friend connect – 2 entries
- Subscribe by email (leave email used – must activate) – 2 entries
- Like A Nut in a Nutshell on facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me on twitter @blueviolet and tweet the giveaway- may be done once daily – 1 entry (leave direct url to tweet) copy and paste the following:
Take a green step! Enter to #win a #ScottNaturals prize pack and take the #ScottTestDrive 4 week challenge! #giveaway http://bit.ly/hhg3hF
- Enter any of my active giveaways (listed in right sidebar) – 1 entry each
- Add my Mother’s Day Event button to your sidebar – 2 entries (leave url so I can come see it)
- Add my blog url to your text blog roll, add my button to your blog, blog about the giveaway – 2 entries each (leave link)
I received compensation from Scott Naturals and The Motherhood for this post. All opinions are my own.
WINNER: #12 Katherine