This is a partnered post about back to school shoe trends and tips on getting the right fit when shoe shopping.
You’re not too late for back to school savings at Famous Footwear!
Not only does the BOGO 1/2 off sale continue through September 14th, but if you visit the website, there’s an online coupon code and printable coupon for an additional 10-15% off your purchase!
Color is everywhere in shoes this year, and you’ll find it all over the back to school styles at Famous Footwear too.
The trend of fluorescent and ultra bright colors can be found in sneakers of all kinds, like these Nike Flex sneakers which have a very light and airy construction.
You’ll also see the bright pops of color in fun new multi-tongue designs, fold over layered looks, and wild patterns and prints.
You’ll find lots of greys, blacks, metallics, taupes and animal print accents this year. Look for minimalist flats and lace-up boots and booties.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind about getting the right fit when shoe shopping, and many of these can be applied to adults as well.
TIPS FOR GETTING THE RIGHT FIT IN CHILDREN’S SHOES
• Shoe shopping should be done later in the afternoon/evening as feet swell over the course of the day.
• Feet should be measured and this should be done while standing so feet are fully extended.
• There should be about a half-inch of room between the edge of the shoe and your child’s toes. Never buy shoes that are more than one size too large for your child.>
• Wear the socks that will be worn with the shoes when trying them on.
• Be sure the heel rests snugly but not tightly around the back of the heel.
• Shoes need to be comfortable at the time you buy them. Don’t allow for a “breaking in” period
Shop now during the Back to School Sale and BOGO 1/2 off sale through 9/14! And for a limited time you’ll get the additional 10-15% off savings on top of that!
Shop in stores or at FamousFootwear.com
One lucky reader will win a $50 gift card to Famous Footwear!