I have had the best time working with Campbell Soup Company over the last six months. Not only have I thoroughly enjoyed the cheeky humor of the Wisest Kid in the Whole World, but I’ve discovered even more ways to use Campbell’s Condensed soups. They make for the most feel-good, satisfying meals.
I’ve made Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla soup, a Pepperoni White Pizza Skillet and a Cheesy Chile Corn Casserole, all of which are now in my personal recipe box of favorites. And this month, I made another hot and soothing meal — Cheesy Chicken Potato Casserole with Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken soup.
Bring the kids into the kitchen and make it a family event to make dinner. Kids love to help out, so let them mix, add, stir and sprinkle. I guarantee they’ll have fun, and so will you!
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese or Colby Jack cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen diced potatoes (hash browns) , thawed
- 1 (4-oz) can diced jalapenos (for less heat, substitute diced green chiles)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (or 1 12.5-oz can premium chunk white chicken breast)
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with the cooking spray.
- Stir the soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, diced jalapenos or chiles, milk, garlic powder and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread the potatoes in the baking dish. Season the potatoes with the salt and additional black pepper. Top with the chicken. Spread the soup mixture over the chicken. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the mixture is hot and bubbling. Uncover the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
My version of this delicious casserole is slightly altered from the original recipe, because I like a little kick to my food, but you can visit the Wisest Kid recipe collection where you’ll find the original Cheesy Chicken Potato Casserole along with other kid-pleasing favorites like these Mini Macaroni Cheese Cups and these Mini Chicken Pot Pies.
Every family has their own way of putting a spin on recipes. What would be yours if you were making this Cheesy Chicken Potato Casserole?
This post is part of a compensated ambassadorship with Campbell Soup Company. All opinions are my own.